Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Birthday Party


In December I asked Molly if she wanted to have a birthday party and she surprised me with, "I want a flower party". So we have been planning this flower party and after a lot of sewing and paper cutting, the party was pulled off!
Delivering invitations.
We played a game where each child had 10 flowers that they needed to find around the house. They all had there own color and when they brought them back we made a garden on the wall. This is before the game.
I made chocolate flowers for the cupcakes, but I was afraid the boys wouldn't like pink cupcakes (I have a nephew who would not touch a pink cupcake if you paid him too!) so I made dirt cupcakes to make a full garden.
Now this, this is my favorite part. I spent a LOT of time sewing this little number but as soon as she put it on, it felt so worth every second. 90 Yards of ruffled nylon chiffon later I had a skirt.
Yeah, this skirt gets a few extra pictures!

Here are all of the guests at the end of the party. You can see the finished garden behind them.I made a Tutu for each girl and a tool belt for the boys.
As everyone was leaving, Molly kept tackling her friend Johnny.
After several attempts to get her off of him, Nathan finally took care of things!

We all had a great time. There will be more pictures soon. My sweet friend Amy took lots of good pictures for me so I could cook and keep the party going.

Stay tuned...or tune out if you are getting bored, but I haven't even showed you the food. Flower shaped PB&J's for the kids and sliders for the adults with flower shaped cheese. Ridiculous, I know!

13 comments:

Melanie said...

Amazing! That was the most incredible kid party I have ever been to! Thank you again for a great time!

mbreck said...

That is such a cute flower garden idea on the wall. And the skirt is AWESOME!!! Love it!

Bonnie said...

i love that you got so into this! i want to be a great birthday party giver just like you! by the way that skirt is amazing, super job!

Emily said...

Oh. my. gosh. This is incredible! Everything is so creative and it looks perfect!! I am so impressed. And....90 yards? really? How many tutus did you have to make?
Seriously...you should hire yourself out for kids parties. You could save sorry little moms like me.

krimmeez said...

Happy Birthday Molly! And what a great party! You are amazing Sarah. That skirt was so cute as were the cupcakes and the games. Amazing!

Karisa said...

I wish I could have come!

Ben & Rachel said...

skirt looks awesome, cupcakes look awesome, party looks awesome, can't wait to see more.

Jennifer said...

I LOVE THIS PARTY!!!!!!! What an awesome thing! The flowers on the wall with the gate was so darling. The skirt was just unspeakably cute. Oh my goodness!! I LOVE the cupcakes (the dirt cakes--GREAT idea!) and the tutus and tool belts. You kinda ROCK.

Kate said...

My children will NEVER have a party that cool, not because they don't deserve it, but because I am not that cool. Lucky Molly. And 90 yards for 1 skirt? I never ever ever would have guessed.
Good job!

Christie said...

It turned out so cute!!!! Love it!

Jaren and Emily Glover said...

Wow! Small details like flower shaped sandwiches and cheese should never go unnoticed at a party. Especially for such a cute little girl! I love it.

Trent and Meg said...

Oh my goodness...you are TOTALLY super-mommy!! That is so awesome!! Nicely done friend :D

Margaret said...

YAY! The finished skirt is beee--ooo-tiful! What fun!