Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Visiting the old place

Back in the day, my (Nathan's) family lived in southern California. Over Memorial Day weekend we went to visit Sarah's family, and on the way up we stopped at my family's old house for a few minutes. We lived there from when I was 5 until I was 8. Here's a picture of me and my little brother lookin' good during one of those first-day-of-school pictures in front of the main door of our house in SoCal. You can tell by my shorts+socks combo that it was the 80's:






Here's a picture of Molly and me in front of the house now. As you can see, the new owner has changed out the front door.






The owners let us go in the backyard for a little while. On a random note (as if this posting isn't random enough already), when I was little I stepped on a bee in the spot where we're standing in this picture. The house has changed quite a bit since we lived there, but it still has a familiar feeling. It was fun to go back for a few minutes.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

How cool. Love the 80s picture, too.

30 year-old Dad said...

Sweet pic. I want a lunchbox like Charlie's - my current one is a little too small for my man-sized noonday meal to fit in. Also, it has leaked out over my school books three times this quarter. The perils of going back to school...

John said...

wow, they got rid of the fence. The hours spent in that pool. Fun picture, thanks.