Monday, October 14, 2013

What We Have Been Up To


I have not been the best at blogging, but here is a taste of what we have been up to lately!


I learned to fishtail braid. I know, exciting right?!?


Every April and October when Nathan goes off to the Priesthood session, Molly and I head off for a Mommy/daughter date. We both look forward to this night. I ask her a ton of questions about what she likes, what she has been doing, her goals, and anything else she wants to talk about. I have a journal that I record only these bi-annual interviews in. Although we spend a lot of time together on a regular basis, it always fascinates me to see how important this night is for her. She knows that night is all about her.

Molly lost her first tooth!


She participated in a handstand record for national gymnastics day.



We found out we are having a BOY!!!! We told her by writing it down on a paper and putting it inside a few envelopes. She was ecstatic and so are we!

Nathan had a birthday. He just gets better with age and we sure do love him!


And that's what we have been up to this past 2 months!


6 comments:

Melanie said...

A boy!! Congratulations! Molly is going to be the best big sister!

Jennifer said...

Oh, how great! I love the fishtail braid! I finally learned to do that, too, and my little girl is 13! :) I love your mommy dates. That is so neat!! Congrats on the baby boy, too! :)

Lauren M said...

I am barely learning how to french braid, so good job! I love the idea of the mother-daughter dates (and recording the answers).

Heather said...

Congrats on the exciting news, Sarah! I'm Heather and I was hoping you could answer a question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Congrats on baby boy!! Are you due soon? So exciting. Looks like you guys are doing well.