Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten


The first day of kindergarten did not go as smooth as we planned. Our district offers both half day and full day kindergarten and we had chosen half day. The kids that go to half day are bussed to their home school and then put on another bus to the school that hosts the half day kids. So after Molly got on the bus, I decided I would follow behind to make sure the bus transition went well. I waited across the street for the second bus to come out and it never did, so I walked over to see what was going on and it turned out she was the only half day kid and there was no bus, so I drove her, no big deal. Long story short, things were not sitting well with me so I called my Mom for advice. She and I both have strong feelings about half day school, but the closer we got to being in that half day class, the worse I was feeling about the whole situation. She gave me some great advice and I went back to Molly's home school and asked if we could do half day twice a week and full day the rest of the week. The Principal agreed. I was so relieved. I went and picked her up from the half day school and drove her back to her home school where she has been loving it.



They made the kindergarteners where color coded shirts the first day. Smart, but doesn't make the best first day outfits!


After school Grana and Tibu called for the first day report. I thought it was cute seeing her lay on the couch with her little legs crossed and giving them the rundown of the day!



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh, that IS a cute picture of her giving the report. I love it!! I am glad everything got sorted out--too bad for a first day! :/ I have had kids (depending on where we lived) do both half day and full day kindergarten, and everybody loved it either way. (Although the one who did full day still complains that his life is much harder because he did full day and his siblings only did half day. *rolling eyes*) Kindergarten is fun. You can't lose. :)