Tuesday, September 11, 2012

First Day of Pre-K

 On September 4th Molly had her first day of pre-K. I know she felt like this day took forever to finally come, but for me it was really bittersweet. I am happy she is doing something she loves and is no longer bored at home all day, but she is my baby and it was harder than I expected to let go. On the actual day, I was fine, but the lead up to starting school was nerve racking for me.

She woke up very early and came in to our room asking if she could get dressed. She was beyond excited.
(unfortunately we had hurricane Isaac going through and the humidity was crazy. My lens kept fogging up as fast as I could clean it so the pictures are a little foggy!)





Some of her friends are in her class with her. In fact a third of her class are friends from church.
I was standing by the door and she turned and gave me a very clear look that said "please leave"!

She loves it and her teacher, Miss Betty is just great. I think it is going to be a great year!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Holy cow, she is adorable! She looks so proud and confident. Go get em, Molly!

Nancy and Spencer said...

Oh my golly goodness! I love that sweet face of hers in the picture with her buddy boys. SO CUTE!

Jennifer said...

Oh, that's wonderful. How nice that she's there with friends from church, too. (I found your tidbit about Hurricane Isaac and the humidity SO interesting, too!) What a fun time. Glad you made it through okay. It's so emotional. I've been there! :)

Sister Mullen said...

Molly, You look so grown up and ready for school. Your new school room looks like there will be lots of fun things to do. Have a great year in school!

Katie said...

Wow, what a darling girl. I felt similarly when Kayley started going to nursery. She turned around and said, "Bye mom!" It's very nice, but she was supposed to miss me a little bit haha.

Lexey said...

Molly is such a cute little girl! Sarah I wanted to get in touch with you. I do not have your email. When you have a minute if you could email me that would be great! Hope all is well!