Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Proposal

As I posted before, our five year anniversary is coming up so I am trying to write down our courtship and engagement before I forget and it's too late!

Nathan took me to the gardens at BYU and as we walked up the switch backs he would stop, pull out a rose and tell me how the color of that particular rose pertained to our relationship. For example, one of the roses was yellow which stands for friendship he told me I was his best friend. It was a very thought out, sweet way to propose. It all seemed so surreal. I loved it!







Back at my apartment with all of my roses.

Because we were dating long distance and we had already decided to get married, I knew when he was proposing and later that day we went and took our engagement pictures. I know, weird.


6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE IT!!!! What a sweet thing!

"Weird" is all in the eye of the beholder! :) I'm sure you know our (Kevin's & my) story. WEIRD. We didn't have much time to get engagement pictures, so for our wedding announcement we actually used professional pictures we'd had taken at homecoming 2 years before. No lie. WEIRD.

I love how you guys have pictures from your engagement day!! I would love that.

Happy anniversary!

Jennifer said...

(had taken *for* homecoming, not AT homecoming)

DM Everitts said...

Not weird, when you know you know!! I am all about being prepared! And what a sweet way to propose, I bet you remember Deric's proposal (gone horribly wrong :) but I love my story any way! Love you guys!!

Ben & Rachel said...

You guys look so cute.

The Mathews Family said...

I love that you have an engagement story! Paul came over to eat dinner & pick up the kids from me and halfway through his meal said "Well, I guess you should call Clark to see what we need to do to get this done".

Lauren M said...

I have to admit, I've wondered this since I first saw the last picture you posted, what's the story behind the orange in your hand?