Thursday, October 6, 2011

I Can't Stop Sewing!!!!

On Saturday I decided I was going to make a quilt. Christie had taught me how to bind a quilt while she was here, so I wanted to try it out before I forgot how to do it.

I know it is a simple quilt, but I was really excited to finish it.
The next day I made a little messenger bag for a girl in our ward. (No pictures, sorry. I forgot to take one before I gave it to her.)

That was supposed to be all of my projects, but I had enough material left over from the quilt to make Molly a skirt.

I searched everywhere for a tutorial for the skirt in my head, but I couldn't find one. I knew I could probably buy a pattern, but I didn't want to spend money.

So, here it is...my first project without a tutorial.


I made a few mistakes like miscalculating the ruffle that originally was 3 inches longer, but after some picking, cutting and more sewing, it came out all right.


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

mbreck said...

LOVE the material and you did a great job on her skirt. I have always wanted to learn to sew but never have taken the time. Great job girl!

Ben & Rachel said...

It all looks amazing!

Heather Davies said...

Awesome job!! Your quilt looks adorable, and I LOVE the skirt! Well done!!

Mark and Karen said...

Love it! I love the fabrics and I think the skirt is beautiful. I've yet to try sewing something with out a pattern. I'm truly amazed! Way to go!

Jennifer said...

I'm so impressed. I love all your sewing projects, though. The skirt WITHOUT A TUTORIAL!! WOW. It's SO CUTE!!! I really love the blanket, too. Great colors, too. Beautiful.

Trent and Meg said...

LOVE that!!! Love the colors, love the design...nice work!!!! :D I need to keep sewing more...was working on a small project for my friends new baby last night...and no worries that it took me an hour to get it *mostly* right ;) Good work!

Melanie said...

Stop it! You are just too amazing! I love Molly's new skirt- especially that bow!

charity said...

it is so cute good job!!