Friday, February 6, 2009

Molly's Surgery

Molly had her ear tubes put in today and everything went well!
We woke her up at 6:30 a.m. and she was a little confused at first. It didn't take long for her to start soaking up all the attention we were giving her.



She was pretty happy before we left, and didn't seem to notice that we weren't feeding her.

She got her ID bands on,


they took her temperature, blood pressure and heart rate and then we just waited.




She started getting a little impatient so Nathan started playing with her.



Dr. Wilson came in and they were off.






20 minutes later they came and got us and she was already awake and screaming. The anesthesiologist had warned us that she might be unconsolable and she was, until we gave her a bottle.





We took turns holding her.







I had to have a picture of her on her bed. After about 15 minutes they let us go. She slept most of the morning and then woke up her happy self...only a little more hyper!
We did take her back in later that afternoon because her ear was bleeding a little too much. It looks like her ear canal was nicked during the surgery. We just need to put some drops in her ears to help clear the blood out and keep it from getting infected.
We are so glad that she will be able to hear better and feel better.








12 comments:

Kate said...

I am so glad that things went well and that Molly will feel much better. Love you guys!

Sister Mullen said...

Molly you look great. Hope you feel yourself again quickly. (Mom and Dad, we sent Molly an e-mail, but since she's at full steam she may not be checking her inbox right now. Maybe you could check it for her.) Glad you're through and on the other side of your surgery, Mollykins!

Ben & Rachel said...

She is so cute. Love the pjs! I am glad she will no longer be in pain from those ear infections.

Charlie and Amparo said...

Maybe she will finally listen to you, now that she can hear better. Molly's hair has gotten longer too.

-Charlie

Kate said...

Oh, I am glad everything has gone well, except for that ear nick....our babies are so precious, and I know, no matter how tough we think we are, it is hard to see them go with the doctor. I had no idea that tubes were put in so quickly- 20 minutes! Wow!I hope recover goes perfectly.

JeremyJ said...

So glad to hear things went well!

merrilykaroly said...

Feel better soon, Molly!

Is she a redhead?? It looks like it in these pictures!

DM Everitts said...

We are so glad it went well. We love you Molly!

Sara said...

how scary! I am glad she handled it so well (and you too!) She's getting so big!

Margaret said...

I'm glad it went so well! She's such a beauty, and it's fun to see pictures of you and her, even if surgery is the reason...

Love you!

Kate said...

More pictures PLEASE!!!! It's been over a week:)

Janell said...

One of my earliest memories is of the processes of being given anesthesia when I had my tubes put in - a big, black, funny-smelling mask coming right at my face as my Mom was saying, "it's ok, it's ok." I was so upset later to find that they'd written something on the back of my hand because my Mom always told me writing on myself was a bad thing. I think I was about two years old at the time.

Molly has such bright eyes - they're so pretty.